Here is how to make a Japanese apricot flower pin. Materials are 5 square pieces of 2.5cm x 2.5cm rayon chirimen(crepe) fabric, rounded cardboard (2cm diameter), rayon chirimen (crepe) fabric to cover the cardboard, beads, and a hairpin. Also glue and tweezers are needed.
I am writing briefly... apricot flower is made from rounded petals.
1. Fold the fabric in half and make it triangle.
2. Fold again in half and make a smaller triangle.
3. Place the tweezers a little up from the center and pinch the fabric. Fold the both lower sides up to the top of the triangle.
One rounded petal completed.
4. Then, make 5 petals and place on the glue board for a while.
5. Cover the rounded cardboard with wood bond by fabric, and place the wood bond on a hairpin. Place 5 petals on it.
Now I started Tsumamizaiku (Kanzashi Flower) workshop. Let's make this pretty hairpin together.
For more detail about the workshop, please click here.