Here is how to make an autumnal maple leaf pin. Materials are 1 square pieces of 3.0cm x 3.0cm, 2 of 2.5 x 2.5cm, 2 of 2.25 x 2.25cm, 2 of 2.0 x 2.0cm rayon chirimen(crepe) fabric, rounded cardboard (2cm diameter), rayon chirimen (crepe) fabric to cover the cardboard, and a hairpin. Also glue and tweezers are needed.
I am writing briefly... maple leaf is made from pointed petals. Same as rounded petal 1 & 2.
1. Fold the fabric in half and make it triangle.
2. Fold again in half and make a smaller triangle.
3. Place the tweezers at the center and fold it again and make a triangle one more time.
One pointed petal completed.
4. Then, make 7 petals and place on the glue board for a while.
5. Cover the rounded cardboard with wood bond by fabric, and place the wood bond on a hairpin. Place 7 petals on it. The biggest petal in center and put the smaller petals on the both sides.
Now I started Tsumami Kanzashi Flower workshop. Let's make this pretty hairpin together.
For more detail about the workshop, please click here.