Here is how to make a cherry blossom flower pin. Materials are 5 square pieces of 2.5cm x 2.5cm rayon chirimen(crepe) fabric, rounded cardboard (2cm diameter), rayon chirimen (crepe) fabric to cover the cardboard, and a hairpin. Also glue and tweezers are needed.
I am writing briefly... cherry blossom flower is made from pointed petals. Same as rounded petal 1, 2 & 3.
1. Fold the fabric in half and make it triangle.
2. Fold again in half and make a smaller triangle.
3. Place the tweezers a little up from the center and pinch the fabric. Fold the both lower sides up to the top of the triangle.
4. Before you place the petal on the glue board, put a little bit glue on the head of the petal and push the tweezers inside the petal. Keep 10 seconds.
One rounded petal completed.
5. Then, make 5 petals and place on the glue board for a while.
5. Cover the rounded cardboard with wood bond by fabric, and place the wood bond on a hairpin. Place 5 petals on it.
6. Adjust the shape and place a bead and flower heads at the center.
Now I start Tsumami Kanzashi Flower workshop. Let's make this pretty hairpin together.For more detail about the workshop, please click here.